2022 Primal Holiday Gift Guide
It’s the most wonderful time of the year… to find the perfect gifts for friends and loved ones that will bring genuine smiles to their faces. No pressure, of course.
In all seriousness, many of us are torn between wanting to get great gifts for the people in our lives (gift giving is one of the love languages, after all) and not wanting to buy stuff just for the sake of having something to wrap.
That’s why this year, the Primal team put our collective heads together and came up with a list of gift ideas to help you check off your holiday list lickety-split. The ideas below are aimed at helping everyone live their best Primal lives—get outside, eat great food, use your brain, take care of your body, reduce stress, and generally #LiveAwesome!
* Note, this post does not contain affiliate or sponsored links.
Gifts for the Great Outdoors
To take to the mountains:
Embrace the cold! The right gear makes it easy and fun to stay active outdoors even in these chilly winter months:
- Cleats (like these) that strap over shoes or boots make winter hiking and trail running safer
- Rechargeable hand warmers replace single-use warmers and keep your fingers toasty
- You can never have too many warm socks. Check out Pacas, Darn Tough, and Bombas (a certified B-corp that donates socks for every pair purchased).
- A small portable stove like a JetBoil can go in a hiking pack for trailside hot chocolate or a warm meal on a cold outing. It’s also a year-round essential for backpacking. Maybe include a few Primal– or keto-friendly prepared meals.
For beach days:
Or pool days or lounging in your yard days…
For any environment:
- A light-up leash or collar will keep pooch safe on walks when the days are short
- Local, state, and national park passes support public lands and encourage your loved ones to get outdoors
- Portable solar chargers are also great for travelers
Gifts for Foodies
- Replace single-use plastic with reusable shopping bags and produce bags (look on Etsy for fun options made from upcycled fabrics)
- Stasher bags for leftovers and lunchboxes
- Gift memberships to local CSAs or co-ops
- Local cheese or wine shops, coffee roasters
Curl Up with a Good Book
Book recommendations from the Primal team:
And don’t forget these:
- Heated coffee mug or mug warmer
- Blue light glasses or yellow-tinted book light for evening reading that won’t mess with your sleep
- Audiobook membership (Scribed, Audible) for people who like to do crafts or puzzles while they read
Gifts for Athletic Types
- For everyone who moves: massage/self-myofascial release tools (check out our recs for essential tools here)
- Support local businesses with a gift card to a running store in their hometown
- Rechargeable headlamps are a must for anyone who hits the roads or trails in the dark
- Collagen for strong, healthy joints and connective tissue
Experiences and Services
- Relieve stress with a subscription to a meditation app like Headspace, Calm, or InsightTimer, or for a premium gift, check out Erwan LeCorre’s BreathHoldWork course
- New skills: cooking classes, art classes, courses on Udemy or Masterclass
- Tickets for concerts, symphony, theater, or a comedy club
- Golf or ski passes
- Time savers: cleaning services, food delivery (you can offer up your own time and skills, too!)
What else is on your gift list? Use the comments to call out your favorite brands and small businesses that are worth supporting!
If you’d like to add an avatar to all of your comments click here!